We got to catch up with Julian Lennon and talk to him about his first new musical release in 15 years, the album, Everything Changes. Find out about his upcoming SXSW engagement and which music albums were the very first that he bought as a kid… Continue Reading
Julian Lennon is on a roll. He has released new music (after 15 years!), produced more of his photography and is now unveiling a ground-breaking App that will showcase his latest work in an audio, film and visual interactive format. The now available Julian Lennon App is priced at $11.99 on iTunes and is available in all formats (Apple, Android, Windows and Kindle Fire).
The App revolves around a feature-length documentary titled, Through The Picture Window, that explores Julian as an artist and his life. It was filmed by award winning film-maker Dick Carruthers (Oasis, Led Zeppelin, The Killers, Aerosmith). Click here for a sneak peek at the documentary, which also has exclusive interviews from Bono, Steven Tyler and the man himself, Julian Lennon.
The App features:
* Through The Picture Window the feature length documentary.
* The visual album: Julian’s latest album Everything Changes in bespoke videos for all 14 tracks in rich, high def playback.
* Hidden features and bonus content for those with an inquisitive nature.
* Acoustic versions of all 14 tracks, synched with the videos
* Live switching between acoustic and album versions just by shaking your device!
* The full, frank and funny interview with U2 singer Bono, talking about Julian’s work and friendship.
* Paul Buchanan from The Blue Nile sharing his perception and experience of working with Julian in the form of a short film monologue.
* A lean-forward, interactive mode of viewing the film featuring on-screen Butterfly Links, that take the user above, around and beyond the linear film and back again.
* Fully interactive menus glide the user around the App.
* Users can download Julian’s Butterfly Artwork to their devices to use as wallpaper and screen savers.